4 wholewheat rolls, crusty
25 g polyunsaturated margarine
2 spring onions, washed and sliced
4 mushrooms, washed and sliced
1 small tin tuna fish, drained
4 tbsp tinned or cooked com kernels
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp paprika
Freshly ground pepper
1. Cut a round from the top of each roll
about 4 cm in diameter and scoop out some
of the inside.
2. Melt the polyunsaturated margarine in
a small frying pan, add the sliced onions,
and sliced mushrooms. Allow to cook over
a low heat for 2 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the
remaining ingredients, including the breadcrumbs
from the roll. Season to taste.
4. Stuff the rolls with the filling and
replace the lids. Wrap in a square of foil
and allow to heat for 10 minutes. Remove
from the oven and unwrap the foil.
5. Serve with a crispy green salad for
a snack lunch.
Saturated Fat: Low
Unsaturated fat: Low
Glycaemic Index: Low
Insoluble Fibre: Medium
Anti-Oxidant level: Low
Back to Healthy Recipes contents page